Start composing now
Write music quickly and easily
With the Score Starter, which provides genre-specific templates, and task-based interface guiding you through the entire process, you can create compositions with up to four instrument parts (staves) quickly. Choose from a variety of popular instruments and enter notes from the notation, keyboard, or fretboard windows. Or play them from your MIDI or computer keyboard.
Build up your composition
Your score can be more than just notes. Add chord symbols and guitar chord diagrams by simply playing a chord on your MIDI keyboard. Turn notation into guitar tab and back again. And easily add lyrics, titles, and other text to round out your score.
Create beautiful scores fast
Sibelius | First lets you spend more time writing music than fixing it. Magnetic Layout takes care of all the note arrangement, orientation, and rest details for you. And Dynamic Parts can automatically create and update instrumental parts whenever you change your score.
Collaborate with anyone
View, play, edit, transpose, annotate, and comment directly on scores sent from others—whether they’re using a version of Sibelius or different notation software (and sent it to you as a MusicXML file). It’s ideal for musicians, engravers, and publishers who don’t have Sibelius yet, but want to review Sibelius scores.
Share your work
Whether you’re fishing for feedback or want to showcase your work, Sibelius | Cloud Sharing makes things easy. Share up to 10 scores privately online—or publicly on your website or social media—and invite others to view, play, and comment directly on your music using any computer or mobile device.
Go further with Sibelius
Need more instruments and scoring features? Move up to Sibelius, which gives you 4x more instrument parts/staves, a deeper set of notation tools, and a professional-quality 10 GB sound library.
Move up to Sibelius
Here are just some of the key advantages that Sibelius offers over Sibelius | First:
- Create richer music compositions with up to 16 instrument parts/staves
- Hear your scores play using more realistic instrumentation in the 10 GB sound library
- Compose more sophisticated scores with a deeper set of notation tools and symbols
- Share up to 20 scores in your own personal cloud space with Sibelius | Cloud Sharing
- Kickstart your creativity and save ideas in the Ideas Hub
- Compose music for picture with support for video and hit points
- Get access to 38 plug-ins that help you edit, arrange, and clean up scores
- Change up your score’s look and feel with 40 paper and desk textures at your disposal
- Export your score as an MP3, WAV, AIFF, or video file for easy playback